Sunday, February 15, 2009

February 15, 2009

I have been pretty much uninspired all week and had resigned myself to giving this week's Sunday Six a pass but the sun broke out for a bit this afternoon and Amy and Vanessa went out to see what they could shoot and I did too. So, here are six from today after all.

First shot was of these little shelf fungi on an old chunk of wood.


Then a tiny holly tree


It took a couple of tries but I liked the "dimple" from the dripping faucet. Vanessa noticed the two hearts when I showed her the shot.

After walking around near home we drove over to Roan Mountain State Park as we wanted to get a few shot of the waterwheel and whatever else caught our eyes.

Looking upstream on the Doe River from the waterwheel


Doe River ripples


Close up of part of the waterwheel gear works

So after a week of non-inspiration, the Sunday Six made me go looking for it. Thanks Helen!

3 comments:

  1. See, you are a fungi (fun guy!) after all :-)
    The hearts are so appropriate for Valentine's weekend--you should put them on Nessa's computer for wallpaper! The gearworks are cool too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would appear that you have found your outspiration...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I noticed the two hearts too! You couldn't have got those if you'd tried, so maybe it was a reward for going out even when uninspired?!

    I will comment on your other posts (and the points you raised in your comments to me recently) later - I fell asleep and napped a 11pm, and it's now 1:30am... I'd at least like an attempt at coherency when I comment on your photos!

    But the short comment is - thank you [hug].

    ReplyDelete